Section 19 CrPC
Subordination of Metropolitan Magistrates.
(1) The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and every Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate shall be subordinate to the Sessions Judge; and every other Metropolitan Magistrate shall, subject to the general control of the Sessions Judge, be subordinate to the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
(2) The High Court may, for the purposes of this Code, define the extent of the subordination, if any, of the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrates to the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
(3) The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate may, from time to time, make rules or give special orders, consistent with this Code, as to the distribu-
1. Omitted by Act 45 of 1978, s, 6 (w. e. f. 18- 12- 1978 ).
2. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for sub- section (3) (w. e. f. 18- 12- 1978 ).
tion of business among the Metropolitan Magistrates and as to the allocation of business to an Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
For Complete Cr.P.C. Click here.
For Other Central Acts Click here.
Are you Looking for a Legal Professional? Click here
Are you a Lawyer? Register here to get published on Advocate Finder, an open platform for lawyers.